The chokeberry plant (Aronia melanocarpa = black chokeberry) is a small bush of about 1-2 m height, which thrives very well in our latitudes and is extremely resistant. The berries grow in umbels, similar to the elderberry. Our berries come from Switzerland and are processed in Switzerland. If you want to buy aronia capsules, with Aronia Vida you get a 100% Swiss product.
Protection against oxidative stress
Aronia Vida is rich in vitamin C.
- Vitamin C helps to protect the cells from oxidative stress,
- contributes to normal functioning of the immune system and nervous system,
- helps to reduce fatigue and tiredness and
- increases iron absorption.
Aronia contains OPC
Aronia berries have a remarkable content of OPC (= oligomeric proanthocyanidins) averaging 664mg/100g and polyphenols compared to other fruits. Fresh aronia berries contain about 10 000 mg polyphenols per kilogram, while blackberries contain about 2500 mg, raspberries about 1300 mg and strawberries about 1000 mg (each per kg of fresh fruit)*. A similar picture can be seen with anthocyanins: aronia berries contain around 4300 mg, while blackberries contain around 1100 mg and raspberries and strawberries each contain around 250 mg.
* Jakobek L et al (2007): Antioxidant activity and polyphenols of chokeberry in comparison to other berry species. Agr Consp Sci Vol. 72 (4), pp. 301-306.
Difference between aronia pomace and aronia extract
There is a significant difference between aroniaberry pomace and aroniaberry extract. Aronia extract is a highly concentrated form of aronia pomace. For the production of 1 aronia capsule about 27 aronia berries are needed! For the production of our extract we work together with a Swiss biotech company. We can guarantee a gentle production with the highest possible concentration.
What are the advantages of Aronia Vida?
- The aronia capsules contain a highly concentrated extract of the aronia berry.
- The aronia berry is scientifically well documented.
- There are no known incompatibilities.
Product information for Aronia Vida Capsules
Aronia Vida contains 100 capsules of 500 mg each of aronia berry extract and vitamin C. Net content 60g. We exclusively use vegi capsules made of vegetable material (HPMC) containing no gelatine. Aronia Vida available in stock.
Allergy Information for Aronia Vida Capsules
Nutritional values of the Aronia capsules
||per 100 g
||386 kcal / 1638kJ
||8 kcal / 32 kJ
* = 275% of the nutrient supply quantities (NRV)
Nutritional supplements are no substitute for a varied, balanced diet, fresh fruit and vegetables and a healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool, dry place and out of reach of children. Do not exceed the recommended intake.